f

Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Great Find!!

Last night as I went through my blog roll, I saw that Shams had a new post, always a nice thing!! She had come across this post from The Perfect Nose. It is a wonderful gift to anyone who loves pattern drafting. What she has done is make an entire book available for free. In it you will find a number of sleeves that I have done for my Sleeves On Saturdays posts. For my posts, I try to show you how to draft the sleeves and have them be a little more updated for how we wear our clothes today. This book was used when I was in school as part of our curriculum, so I had the book. I did not go to school in the 1940's by the way!!! The person who taught flat pattern thought that this was an exceptional book and it is. I say I had the book because we had a flood quite a few years ago and I almost lost the entire book. Thankfully I was able to salvage some of the pages, so I am especially happy about being able to have the entire book once again.  
The photos are very dated.
 But with just a bit of tweaking, you can come up with some wonderful pieces that will enhance you patterns dramatically.
So, run!!! to this blog and get your free copy of this book. Here is the full link,  http://theperfectnose.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/friday-freebie-dress-design-draping-and-flat-pattern-making/ Thanks so much Miss Perfect Nose for making this available.
The sleeve that I will be posting later today is from this book. Betcha can't guess which one!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. I have already bookmaker this to download when I am at home and with wifi. Interesting that you used this book studying. Pattern drafting is really interesting and appeals to my mathematical part of my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link love Rhonda, I have a lot of other vintage sewing/draping/patternmaking books in my Friday Freebies (link at the end of that post) that you'd probably like.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this does look like an exceptional book. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete