f

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Owls On Parade

Good Morning All!!! It's VERY cold this morning, but a bright blue sky. I think I'm going to bundle up and pull out my skis. It's just too pretty to stay in regardless of how cold it is.
Before I go, I wanted to brag a little on the pattern weight owls that were made by Julianne Bramson and her American Sewing Guild chapter during their recent winter retreat. They are so cute!  
You may not know that Julianne is part of the dynamic duo who wrote Bias Cut Blueprints.
Julianne is also the brains behind a wonderful pattern line that the book is based on, Fashion In Harmony. In the upcoming months, I will be doing a number of posts on the patterns that are provided in Bias Cut Blueprints. I think you will be amazed.
Now, there's nothing more important than keeping a straight  grainline when you are working with a bias cut pattern so why not make a few pattern weights of your own? I have now made 18, but I've given them all away so I need to get a few made for myself.
If you would like to try making a few, you can find the pattern and a video tutorial HERE.
Thanks Julianne and your ASG chapter for giving the pattern weights a try. Hope you had fun!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. I've always been fascinated with bias cut. I have the book about Vionnette and have recently ordered this book. Anxiously awaiting its arrival! Look forward to seeing what you make and blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have both as well. The Vionnette book is beautiful, but Julianne's book is very practical. I think you'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. They are so cute!! I must make them!

    ReplyDelete